Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.
All of us have certain cherished dreams which we want to fulfill to the best of our abilities. We try whatever is possible to achieve them. But the path to fulfillment of our aspirations cannot be journeyed without encountering obstacles or blocks of any kind. This journey towards our goals becomes easier and hurdle free if we plan well in advance and there is an experienced well wisher to guide us at the start of this journey to boost our morale and also during the course of following the path. When we our stuck we need someone to encourage us and help us pick up our lost confidence.
One such person for me has been my maternal uncle, who has always offered inspiration and guidance for me since my childhood days. He has helped me in learning a lot of life lessons and in helping me choose my career path with clarity. When i had decided upon my dream of becoming an engineer and getting admission in a reputed engineering college to fulfill my dreams of inventing new technology which would be cost effective and useful to our nation and fellow citizens, my uncle whole-heartedly supported me and offered any advice and guidance i needed. At times, when i was lost or felt dejected, he would recount encouraging and uplifting examples to cheer me up.
Some of the pearls of wisdom he shared with me are:
- Believe in your dreams, no matter how impossible they seem ~Walt Disney
- When you follow your dreams, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it ~Paulo Coelho, the alchemist.
- You have to dream before your dreams can come true ~A.P.J Abdul Kalam.
- The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams ~Oprah.
- Believe in your dreams. If you don’t who will? ~Jon Bon Jovi
- Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. ~Napolean Hill
- Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are alone are omnipotent ~Ray croc.
- You miss 100% of the shots you didn’t take ~Michael Scott
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can ~Arthur Ashe
- Everything you can imagine is real ~Pablo Piccaso
- When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure. ~ Mary Kay Ash.
- It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting ~Paulo coelho, the alchemist.
- The only thing worse than starting something and failing in not starting something ~Seth Godin
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve; the fear of failure-Paulo coelho
- We may place blame, give reasons, and even have excuses; but in the end, it is an act of cowardice to not follow your dreams ~Steve Maraboli
These were some of the inspiring quotes by world renowned achievers my uncle had written on a poster and put it in front of my study table so that i could read them often and feel motivated. Thus, my uncle played a very important role in guiding me and helping me along the way of following my dreams.
In a similar way, Stoodnt is platform which provides guidance and support to the students who want to fulfill their dreams of higher education in universities abroad. The expert counsellers in the panel have solutions to all the queries of students like future scope of a course in job market, hostel facility in the college, steps to succeed , which course to apply for based on individual’s aptitude, and many more insights and expert opinions.
Take the risks and follow your dreams! The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams and have the courage and conviction to achieve them.